Topband: Summer Stew

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Summer Stew
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 03:11:13 -0400
The QRN was "elsewhere" this summer, out in the US Midwest and in a big
circle around KV4FZ, I think.  So I was able to hear better than last year.

F5IN called for my only European contact.  He was surprisingly loud.  I
finally got through KV4FZ's ring of fire, worked W0KIT and KG7H for 5 and 7
pointers.  The rest were up and down the east coast where the strikes on
the lightning charts were not.

Wind had taken down the L part of my 3/8 wave L over FCP, but figured out a
way to get it back up without shooting new support lines.  Got that done
just as darkness was closing in Saturday eve local time.  I think I missed
quite a few people on earlier than 00:50Z.

61 Q's in 1:45.  Pretty slow after an initial burst.

73, Guy.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK