Re: Topband: Receiving loops

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Receiving loops
From: joe <galicic@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:26:41 -0400
I'm the guy in MD with the 140 foot BOG.  Mike is correct.  My BOG works
good on 160, better on 80, and best on 40. Very low noise levels with
improved snr on all 3 bands.  I feed it with cheap quad shield RG6. Best
of all the antenna is invisible to the XYL as it lives on the opposite
side of our privacy fence.  Mike can set you up with the proper
transformers and terminating resistors.

On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 08:35 -0500, Mike Waters wrote:
> Why don't you try a 150' BOG? I know a guy in Maryland who has one only
> 140' long, and he hears DX on it on 160 that he doesn't on his inverted-L.
>
> Probably better than a BOG is a Slinky Beverage.
>
> 73, Mike
> http://www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK