Re: Topband: Not so Boring report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Not so Boring report
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy (K5MWH)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 07:02:10 -0600
On 12/9/2012 6:14 AM, Arthur Delibert wrote:
  Interesting to see this report.  A few years ago, OH2BO wrote on this
reflector that for DX signals traveling through the polar regions, he watches
the solar wind, and expects very good conditions when the solar wind speed is
below 300 km/sec and the solar wind pressure is less than 0.5 nPa -- which is
exactly what happened in the latter part of last week.  Solar wind data is
available here: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SWN/
Regards,Art DelibertKB3FJO    > From: tree@kkn.net
This is really interesting, as last evening was the first time this year that I have heard Europe on 160 at my SS. G6PZ was really loud.

73,
Mike, W5UC