Re: Topband: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION

To: "'DGB'" <ns9i2016@bayland.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION
From: "Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:36:25 -0500
I have a Gap Titan.  As the other people indicate it is not as good as a
whole variety of other antennas.  It is only good for 80 and up.  I find
that it works fairly well on 40 and 20M.  Do I get stomped on in a pile-up -
yes I do.  Will I eventually make the contact - probably.  At times my
dipole on 40M does better, at other times it is the Gap Titan.  However, I
didn't buy this antenna to be the top of the pileup.  I bought it to be
maintenance free and a low hassle installation.  It has been up for 10
years, and it has satisfied the goal of having an antenna in the air with
very little maintenance.  I make contacts when I want - I just wont be the
first one to work the rare DX in a pileup.

 Scott aka kb0fhp