Re: Topband: Fw: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION

To: "Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:39:03 -0500
On 2012-12-12, at 6:28 PM, Scott MacKenzie wrote:

> Personally, I use an 80 M loop - I like it especially for stateside contest
> like Sweep or FD.  Nice solid signal on 40M and 80M.

By far, the absolute BEST DX antenna that I've ever had the pleasure of using
for the low bands is the inverted Bobtail array (40-meters): no radial fields
required, super-easy to feed, all-wire construction, bi-directional,
"stealthy", and---for me, at least---a real band "opener" on both direct, and
long path, circuits...

I only wish that I had the wherewithal here to put one up for Topband! I guess
it could be done by bending the three vertical elements alright, but I'd still
have trouble here attaining even a 60' elevation...(sigh!).

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ