Topband: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION version 2

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION version 2
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 01:38:03 +0000 (UTC)
First let me thank everyone for the responses  .  As constructive as they are
of course they tell me that the Gap antennas will not suffice.
Martin DM4IM said it best I guess "On 160m however, its just like someone pulls
the plug when i switch from a 160m inv L over FCP to the Gap." Now this says a
lot for the FCP Inverted L.. and tells me exactly what I needed to know... it
is a direct comparison nearly instantaniously.  As many have said before there
is no free lunch and one of the premisis that I learned years ago (and maybe
wanted to ignore) is that signal is related in part to the capture area of the
antenna OR put simply longer is better.

In any event my initial hope was to be able to put up a vertical for 160M and
up on top of an appartment building and if it had a metal pan roof.. well that
would be even better. The problem is that most appartments do not allow wire
antennas in the common areas and around my area there are few appartment
complexes that back up to any real woods.  I just know there will not be any
place to put up an inverted L let along a Beverage... HOHUM.!!!

Long Live Seal Team VI

http://www.qsl.net/wa3mej/index.htm