Re: Topband: PE coated RG6

To: richard@karlquist.com
Subject: Re: Topband: PE coated RG6
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:29:20 -0800
Just completed cables for an active receive 4 square with Commscope PE jacketed flooded RG6 (660-BEF), 1000' on ebay for $35. I used the "weathertight" compression fittings and a Radio Shack stepped prep cutter. RS has the tools cheap. Extra care is needed to remove the braid shards since the flooding goop causes them to stick to everything. It is also a challenge to push the cable far enough into the connector, next time I'll try the heat gun idea. I found trimming the braid away with a flush cutting wire snipper was helpful, but still have pretty sore hands.

Grant KZ1W