Re: Topband: Fw: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION

To: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 22:42:26 -0800
On 12/15/2012 7:59 AM, DAVID CUTHBERT wrote:
Mike that QTH looks alot like the Great Salt Lake of Utah where I have operated a few 160 meter 'tests running a balloon vertical.

     Dave WX7G

I learned about this QTH from Earl K6SE (SK). The terrain to the north isn't so great (high mountains), but toward CONUS is literally miles of salty lake bed. Also, it was pretty wet the year I was there (2006) which I am sure didn't hurt matters. I am glad I wasn't using a balloon antenna, however, because the winds got so bad Saturday night of the contest it broke one of the ridge poles on my little operating tent. The wind then had that broken side of the tent pinning me against the operating table :-)

73, Mike W4EF...........