Re: Topband: Why the DX doesn't always work split? Especially low bands.

To: Brian Machesney <nekvtster@gmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Why the DX doesn't always work split? Especially low bands.
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:44:22 +0000
Thanks for the insight guys. I know the DX is far more experienced than me, and
I think I gained some insight into what they must be hearing on their end on
the low bands. Earlier this fall (first week of October) I worked several
stations in middle east on 80M, and conditions were marginal then, but the
condx on 80M the past several nights seemed very very nice and I know a lot of
NA stations were having no problem copying Murtada and others.

And talking about good conditions... RI1ANF's signal on 160M was wonderfully
loud and copyable. Previously he had just barely been peaking up above my local
noise for me. But last night he was continuously solid easy copy at my location.

Tim N3QE
It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever
for supposing it is true. &#8212; Bertrand Russell