Re: Topband: ARRL LOTW and More

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL LOTW and More
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:11:25 -0800
On 12/18/2012 2:05 PM, Dave Clouser wrote:
The queue is currently almost 10 days behind. You can track it here http://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status Everyone keeps uploading over and over and over because they don't see their QSO's, which likely is compounding the problem to massive levels. They have a new server on order but 6 weeks out I believe.

It's also made worse by guys uploading their entire log when all they need to do is upload only QSOs since their last upload. A month or so ago, ARRL announced that they found (and have hopefully fixed) a bug in the software that maintains the LOTW upload queue that caused a small percentage of logs to be lost. I upload my log after each contest, and every week or two when there are no contests. DXKeeper makes that very easy.

I'm hoping that the server will sort of get caught up after ARRL10M logs are processed and there's been a week or two without major contests .I think the best move for all of us is to cool our jets and let the system catch up, and get the new server online.

73, Jim K9YC
It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever
for supposing it is true. - Bertrand Russell