Topband: Is banning really necessary?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Is banning really necessary?
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:33:48 -0400
In a free society the mere idea of banning people just because we disagree with them goes against our principles of liberty and freedom. As long as there is civil discourse on an issue, how does that not enlighten the debate? Personal attacks are seriously discouraged here and those who engage in it are universally shunned for doing it. Every great thinkers from Galileo, Martin Luther, Nicoli Tesla, even Chicago automotive genius Preston Tucker all offended someone higher up and were subject to banning of their ideas. Hoe did this ever help mankind? Now we are finding the banning in some communities of even Christmas by those who claim it offends them. Even our vocabulary is changed as people are not allowed to talk about "problems" but the world "challenges" or "issues" is considered the PC flavor of the month.

Look as Raoul said....it is the Christmas season, a time for reflection, listening to choirs and watching the grand children's "eyes all a glow" etc. So please enjoy the season, the enhanced DX during the days and months ahead, and for once put the animosity aside.

Nobody should be banned from this reflector having contrarian views as long as they are not harmful and deliberately hurtful to others. Remember the truths usually emerges "from the crucible of debate." The worst thing is not to have the debate at all so we are just left with preachments that go unchallenged.

I sincerely hope that my remarks were taken will out enraging anyone.

Feliz Navidade Amigos

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ