Re: Topband: ARRL LOTW and More

To: topband@contesting.com, GMC list <gmc@grandmesa.org>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL LOTW and More
From: k6xt <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 22:35:05 -0700
We should face a couple of facts. Budget wise ARRL is a very small outfit, serving a very small population. DXCC is just a fraction, and not a very vital fraction, of ARRL's efforts. What's probably more vital to the future success of Amateur Radio is not us reprobate dinosaurs with ohmygosh external HF antennae, if you'll permit me to generalize beginning with myself. Its the public service volunteer sector. Notice who gets the QST writeups, and who gets the once a year minority report.

Nonetheless I rate the DXCC department first class bearing in mind their constraints. Some evidence:

My CQWW CW QSO's are fully implemented in LoTW including QSL's from QSO partners who also uploaded.

I made an online card submission 11 November. It was processed 30 November. (I/ve lost track whether 11 NOV is the day they received the cards, or the day I made the online submission).

I made a LoTW submission on 13 November. It was processed and listed on the SAME DAY 13 November.

On the down side my OK DX RTTY submission, uploaded 18 December 12 (for those sans calendars that's yesterday), is not in LoTW yet. Damn those Connecticut Yankees, they just can't seem to get anything done!

Lest we forget where ARRL gets its funding. This gotta have it now mentality has only one solution. Those who think ARRL and DXCC operate in the Dark Ages need only send in substantial bequests and whatever problems there are can be fixed.

--
73 Art K6XT~~
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever
for supposing it is true. - Bertrand Russell