Re: Topband: Yeasu

To: "'Lennart M'" <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Yeasu
From: "Rick Kiessig" <kiessig@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:41:19 +1300
I use the IF output port of the FTdx5000 to drive a NetSDR box, which I use
as a panadapter.

Yes, it's 9 MHz. Usable bandwidth seems to be about 400 KHz. I routinely use
it at 300 KHz, with no sign of attenuation at the edges.

I have also use a second, wide-band SDR. For that, I connect the RX Out port
on the FT5K to a broadcast filter, then a pre-amp, then a 2:1 splitter. One
output of the splitter goes back to the RX In port on the FT5K, and the
other feeds the second SDR (a QS1R, which in turn feeds Skimmer Server).
That approach costs 3 dB in the splitter, although I make some of that back
with the pre-amp. You can also turn bypass the RX out port if you want to /
need to.

73, Rick ZL2HAM