Topband: LU5DM or LU5FC or Both?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: LU5DM or LU5FC or Both?
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:12:00 -0500
Last night, just before heading for bed at around 0400Z, I checked 160M and distinctly heard LU5DM calling CQ on 1834 KHz. I worked him and was quite delighted since I had never even heard LU on top band before. I proceeded to make out a QSL and envelopes, and then listened to1834 again where a pileup had developed. However, now the LU station was signing LU5FC on the same frequency and at about the same strength as LU5DM.

I suspect that there were two operators with different calls using the same station. Before I send my QSL, etc. to LU5DM, can anyone confirm that LU5DM was indeed the station originally on that frequency at that time?

Thanks for your help.

73, Joe
K2XX
Topband Reflector