Re: Topband: Webinar - The first Top Band DX Contest â?" the 1921 Transa

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Webinar - The first Top Band DX Contest â?" the 1921 Transatlantic Test
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:24:07 +0000
W9AC writes:
> The antenna was a caged T-top with elevated counterpoise

I had the opportunity to travel around China a lot last summer and saw many
caged T-top or cage dipole antennas. Maybe they were cage dipoles, hard to tell
from the distance I was at (typically I sighted them from tour buses or rail
lines, around outer ring roads in major cities).

Had visions that maybe a ham club there would get to use them to get on 80 or
160 :-).

Are T-tops ever used in NA for commercial BCB stations?

Tim N3QE
Topband Reflector