Re: Topband: DXCC Issues !

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DXCC Issues !
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 20:05:18 -0700
On Sat,7/11/2015 4:06 PM, Dick Bingham wrote:
How disheartning it is to work a weak "W1-station" calling
CQ on six meters

I almost never use /6 except occasionally on 6M during band openings. On SSB, if I'm calling CQ, I'll identify K9YC in California. The WSJT modes are great -- it's common practice to include you grid square in your CQ or as a report. For example, "CQ K9YC CM87" and in response, "K9YC W4ABC EM48"

I think most of us who are active on Topband know the guys who operate out of their traditional call-area. We all know W8JI is in GA, most folks know I'm in CA, K1LT is in OH, N8OO is in LA, K5RC in in NV, K4XU and W2VJN are in OR, KD4POJ is in ND, W0AIH is in WI, K2AV is in NC, N3BB is in TX.

73, Jim K9YC