Re: Topband: Top Band and JT65

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Band and JT65
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 13:48:17 -0500
I haven't even listened for anything digital in several years. But I need
to share some things soon --that K1JT himself told me via email--
concerning JT65 vs JT9 on 160. To make a long story short, I'm no longer
'preaching' against using JT65 in favor of JT9, as I have been in the past.
More later; I need to ask and reply to Joe Taylor's last email first.

My main interest in JT* is *occasionally* trying to work DX when the QRN is
bad here; perhaps calling CQ using several hundred watts when there's no JT
activity in North America. I tried that once or twice 2-3 years ago when I
saw JT activity in Australia, and no reply. (Maybe a sked would be better.)

I've never heard of JTDX until today. A Google search seems to imply it's
fairly new. One person talked about having JTDX incorporated into WSJT-X,
but I didn't read it.

Personally, I am not at all interested in using digital modes for
contesting, WAS, DXCC, or anything like that.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com