Re: Topband: N4KG reverse-fed vs. Gamma/omega

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: N4KG reverse-fed vs. Gamma/omega
From: Kenny Silverman <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 22:05:05 -0500
Hi Guy, and thanks for the reality check.  My friend has a 130’ tower with 2
StepIR Yagis on top and he’s been running the reverse- feed for a while. I was
operating the first 6 hours of ARRL 160 contest and we didn’t get skimmer
Spotted into EU for many hours (and weak 02) when other locals were working Eu
from the beginning. It was really evident that serious improvement was needed.

My question was to see if we should make the reverse feed work or go with a
standard loaded tower.  The latter is the sanest choice

Regards , Kenny K2KW