Re: Topband: new style PL-259's with screw on back INSTRUCTIONS

To: Pete Michaelis - N8TR <pete.n8tr@gmail.com>, topband@contesting.com, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: new style PL-259's with screw on back INSTRUCTIONS
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 10:47:06 -0800 (PST)
Hello again,

Just and FYI of why I asked about these new 'PL-259's'. I don't remember ever
seeing them before and thought I had found perhaps a better style connector.
With my hit-and-miss soldering especially on things like PL-259's I was
actually thinking 'EUREKA!', something I can make a solid connection to the
shield with. Once I even had a run of coax work on all bands but 10 meters on
one of my multi-band beams. Tracked it down to not having the shield soldered
good (or at all). Anyway, I've got 10 of these new units to try out from China
and hope for better success. Can't begin to tell you how many times it seem I
just can't get a soldering iron hot enough or it's too hot and the solder drips
off. A compression style joint may be the ticket.

Terry
KI7M