Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259 soldering/r

To: "'GEORGE WALLNER'" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259 soldering/reliability problems)
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 10:30:47 -0500
I have been using PL-259 connectors forever. I have switched to crimp
connectors when I need to make up a new cable. No sense replacing the
soldered connectors if they are working fine. ThePL-259 is a low loss, easy
to assemble connector for up to at least 6M (nothing higher in frequency
here) that makes good contact and are easy to seal with rescue tape followed
by Scotch 33+. Some of my PL-259's have been in use outside for 40 years and
still look good and work well. I hope manufacturer's don't change.
73,
N2TK, Tony