Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 13:25:11 -0600
Exactly my experience, even with captivated pins!! And my coax runs were
only about 100' long.

The captivating washers were made of Teflon®, *and Teflon cold flows*. This
was when I lived in Toledo, Ohio when the temperature dropped well below
zero.

Four photos of those N connectors are at
http://www.w0btu.com/files/misc/N_plugs . See the last two.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com