Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rather use N-type (was Re: The answer to PL-259
From: Martin Kratoska <martin@ok1rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2018 05:08:46 +0100
Harris uses BNCs at this power level (3CX-1500A7) in RF-353 (AM-7224) amplifier. They were used under harsh conditions for decades.

73,
Martin, OK1RR

Dne 08. 12. 18 v 3:07 Tim Duffy napsal(a):
When you look at an N connector, specifically the center pin - remember that
the N connector center pin is the same as the center pin of a BNC connector.

W6NL asked me this question - would you run 1500 watts with BNC connectors?

73
Tim K3LR
(Only 7-16 DIN and TONS of "quality" UHF connectors at this station
TIGHT PL-259s work GREAT - tighten up)