Re: Topband: JAs on TopBand

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: JAs on TopBand
From: K9FD <merv.k9fd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 07:33:04 -1000
JA here at sunrise were 599,  but by that time not many around,  heard some weak UA4,  RA9 etc,  but not much activity,    Saw strong signal up in the FT-8 band and did not bother to tune up there,  30 mins after sunrise it was still there so out of curiosity I turned on FT-8 and there was A41ZZ calling cq.   we exchanged rerports he peaked -0 almost 40 mins after sunrise.   The band is open,  no one there on
any mode it appeared.
Worked VU2 on a few days ago, he peaked at sunrise, but I could copy him for another
45 minutes as well.
I was here in 2008 time frame and looks like we are returning to those good days again
soon.
73  Merv  K9FD   Molokai Island Hawaii.

I worked three (3) JA's here in Atlanta this morning.. It was actually better after sunrise... I received a 579 from JH2FXK at 1257 Z..

They were rolling in from the NW on the Hi-Z 8....

73,

John, W4NU