Re: Topband: Inverted L improvement question

To: n4is@n4is.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L improvement question
From: Cecil Acuff <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 10:31:56 -0600
I would have kept mine if I had seen that kind of performance. Either I have a
very low noise floor, I had degraded performance of the RX antenna for some
reason or I was doing something wrong.  When I saw a difference in SNR it was
very minor and wouldn’t have been the deciding factor in making the contact. It
had a bit less loss than my K9AY but there was more wire in the air.  Difficult
to erect...wife helped but fell once before we got it right.

I don’t expect my experience was typical so not wanting to dissuade
others...the SAL antennas are good antennas....but I didn’t see the performance
displayed on the Array Solutions web site video at this location.

Cecil
K5DL

Sent using recycled electrons.