Crank up

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Crank up
From: ke6ber@tiac.net (Alfred J. Frugoli, KE6BER/1)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 17:00:27 -0400
I've gotten several good answers on removing the tower from the truck.
Here's a question, would it be possible to use something like an engine
crane to lift one end of the tower and then have the truck pull foward
until the tower is almost out of the truck,  Then lowering that end to the
ground.  Move the engine crane to the end of the tower that is still in the
truck, and lift that end.  Then have the truck pull away and lower that end
to the ground.  I guess my main question is would the engine crane be able
to handle the dragging forces as the truck pulls away?  It sounds like a
good idea to me, but looking for input.  Thanks.

Al, KE6BER/1, ke6ber@tiac.net  http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber