Concrete

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Concrete
From: sawyers@cacd.rockwell.com (sawyers)
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 96 08:11:19 cst
One problem you may have is that the ready mix company may not deliver a
small batch (around here anything under 2 cu.yds is a small batch) without
an exorbidant surcharge.

I agree that the snorkle is too expensive and the mix it your self is a lot
of work. But I have done the mixit yourself from bags of sack-crete - was
never happy or sure of the quality of the concrete that we got.

My prefered method would be the ready mix truck and the wheel barrow
approach. It takes strong contractor style wheel barrows and lots of
friends and a cse of beer (opened after the the ready mix truck is unloaded
and leaves).

An other option is to rent a skid steer loader or or a concrete buggy and
run it from the cement truck to the hole - this really does a number on teh
lawn and may require planing the path over teh lawn.

Towers are a lot of work to put up!.

de n0yvy steve