[Top] [All Lists]

Guy Wire questions

To: <>
Subject: Guy Wire questions
From: (
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 10:49:52 -0400
In a message dated 96-06-18 01:37:52 EDT, you write:

>I picked up several years ago some good used guy wire that had a 'bale' 
>looking 'clamp' on the ends. You could pull the guy wire through this 
>tapered 'cup' and cut the excess off as desired. It then had a loop or 
>bale that you could attached to your guy posts..
>Where can a fellow find those?
Hi, Mike --

     Those are guy wire grips commonly used by utility companies.  I don't
know the manufacturer or brand name.  They're even easier (and more
expensive) than preforms.  They're easy to slip on but impossible to get off.
 If I run across a source for them, I'll let you know.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

   TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies and services for amateurs

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>