[Top] [All Lists]

Guy Wire questions

To: <>
Subject: Guy Wire questions
From: (Del Seay)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 07:31:46 -0700 wrote:
> In a message dated 96-06-18 01:37:52 EDT, you write:
> >I picked up several years ago some good used guy wire that had a 'bale'
> >looking 'clamp' on the ends. You could pull the guy wire through this
> >tapered 'cup' and cut the excess off as desired. It then had a loop or
> >bale that you could attached to your guy posts..
> >Where can a fellow find those?
> >
> >
> Hi, Mike --
>      Those are guy wire grips commonly used by utility companies.  I don't
> know the manufacturer or brand name.  They're even easier (and more
> expensive) than preforms.  They're easy to slip on but impossible to get off.
>  If I run across a source for them, I'll let you know.
> 73,  Steve  K7LXC
>    TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies and services for amateurs

Any Telecomm supply store has them, generically called "Strand-Vices".
Be sure to get only American made!!! Some of the ones imported
have a tendency to slip back when foreign substances (such as bird
do-do) get in the works!
I use them here and they are sooo nice! de KL7HF

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>