HQ-1 MINI-QUAD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: HQ-1 MINI-QUAD
From: garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net (Gary Schwartz)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 22:07:17 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Dick Bodine wrote:

> Dow Corning makes an excellent product called  3145 RTV.  I believe GE
> also makes a similar product.  It comes in clear or grey and is
> non-corrosive.  There is also a primer that can be used with it to
> enhance it's "stickability."
>
> Several years ago, I had oil seepage in an old car that would have
> required the removal of the head which I had neither the time or
> inclination to do.  I used 3145 RTV with primer and solved the leak.  It
> can be used for more than electrical work! :)

A couple of years ago I liberated a CASE of this stuff from the trash at
work.  It was 2 months past it's shelf life.  This stuff works great!  My
only complaint is that it is quite a bit more runny than standard RTV.
Until it begins to set, about 15 mins, it will run and drip quite a bit.
The other nice thing is that it comes in small 4 Oz tubes so you don't
have to worry about opening a big caulking cartridge just to do a few
bolts or coax connectors.

73,
Gary K9GS
 /   FP/K9GS, TO5M   |Society of Midwest Contesters |____________________