Hot Antennas was Hygain 52' Crankup - good for me?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Hot Antennas was Hygain 52' Crankup - good for me?
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 14:32:03 -0400

<< towertalk@contesting.com

 >Hmmmm, could this test have been performed in the hot southern climes of
AZ?
 >I'll bet my XA would burn your hands today with temps around 100 deg.F. and
 >no RF applied.... >>

Well, I have some problems with the premise that the KT34XA traps have that
much internal resistance that there is significant heating under rf load... I
have that antenna in the air and when we go up the tower for summer
maintenance, I am taking a thermometer along  and I intend to measure the
temperature change when driven by a Henry 3K... I will post my findings,
good, bad, or indifferent...

Denny    k8do@aol.com

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and that's good enough for
me".. A. Lincoln - 1st draft...