I'm looking for first hand information from
owners/installers/informed individuals about Rohn RTP towers (specifically
the 90' configuration). My Rohn book is at least 20 years old and as far as
I can tell has no specs for RTP so I'd like to ask the following questions.
* Are the sections 3-sided or 4-sided?
* Given the 11 sq. ft rating (70mph I believe) given for the 90' model, how
many yards of concrete are required under _each_ leg and what size/shape are
the leg bases?
* Presumably a crane is the only way to install one of these due to section
length and weight? How long are the sections? The 90' model specs 5
sections, which should be 18' per, but are some sections longer than others?
* What is the face-width of the top section (the one with the pre-drilled
plate to accept a TB3)? Will a Ham-IV or tail-twister fit in between the
Z-Braces without cutting or bending?
* How stable (as in swaying) might one expect a tower of this type be when
working near or at the top?
Any anecdotal information would be appreciated as well.
Please reply direct to:
73 de Pete