Slow Mosley delivery - follow-up

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Slow Mosley delivery - follow-up
From: albraun@socketis.net (albraun@socketis.net)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 96 01:38:39 +0000
Nick England (nick@cs.unc.edu) wrote:
>Never attribute to malice what can be explained by mere incompetence.
>
>I expect that Mosley is a fairly small outfit, and like any small
>business there are many times when things don't work out the way
>you'd like.  Parts don't arrive on time, money is tight, some
>personnel crisis disrupts things, you discover a problem late in
>production, etc.

As a person who helps run a business himself, I can understand and
relate to all of these things.  And, I'm willing to accept them,
especially if they let me know they're having problems.  The thing
that made me angry is that they billed my credit card immediately
upon receipt of the order rather than waiting until the order was
ready to be shipped, which is the normal (and ethical) way to do
business.  As one of the other people who replied to this message
said, and as the person at the Att'y General's hotline also said,
"Billing the credit card without shipping the goods is fraud".
Eventually I got my antenna kit, but many are the people who have
had their money taken by "small outfits" & DIDN'T get either their
order or their money back.  I've had slow service from Mosley in
the past (remember this was an upgrade kit & not a new purchase)
but they've never pulled this trick with the credit card before.

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *