using house as a guypoint

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: using house as a guypoint
From: k7fr@ncw.net (Gary Nieborsky)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:52:07 -0700
At 03:42 PM 7/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>For a few dollars more than five sections of Rohn 25 plus the two elevated
>anchors and guys,  and the eve guy at the far end of the ridge, etc., (maybe
>even less dollars :) you can put up Rohn 45 with a single, _good_ house
>bracket, and be done with it!  This is the method I would choose.... Rohn 55
>would be overkill for 25 foot above the bracket with any reasonable antenna
>load...
>

>Denny      k8do@aol.com

Denny,

Since when are hams reasonable?  I'd be really leery of hooking a guy to the
eave (or peak) of my house if for no other reason than roofs and attachment
methods are designed for dead load in the downwards direction, some lateral
windload and not much uplift.  Don't think I'd want an aditional few kips of
+ vertical and lateral load applied to a bunch of 16D nails.....

Off to the UBC book.......

73 Gary K7FR