Wasps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Wasps
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 00:19:33 -0400

>My solution - I ALWAYS carry a can of the stuff up in my backpack. And
>when I spray it, I make sure I know the wind direction!

    Utility line crews always have a bottle or two in their truck.  Wish I
would've had some today - one OUCH wasp sting.

>Other than that, I've tried to eliminate places where they tend to built
>nest (usually beneath overhangs), when possible.

      I was up on a tower today on a house roof and had 3 or 4 of them spend
way too much time buzzing me.   Don't have any idea where they came from.

     About 5 years ago I was climbing up a BX tower to start removing some
antennas and I come face to face with a huge nest!  The thing engulfed the
whole tower and was at least basketball sized.  Boy did I scurry out of
there.  Didn't get bitten once.  Those things make me nervous.

73,   Steve  K7LXC