Mast Pipe??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Mast Pipe??
From: floydjr@interpath.com (Jimmy R. Floyd)
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 19:17:03 -0300
Here is what I am putting up!

5 element Hygain 15 meter monobander on top
4 element Crushcraft 20 meter monobander underneath (15' separation)
On 70 foot of Rohn 25G guyed at 70' and 30'

My question is will 2" schedule 80 black steel pipe be strong enough
for a mast for these antennas. An putting a Yaseu 1000sdx down two
rungs in the tower. The lenght of the pipe is 21'. Thought about putting
another pipe inside this one but to much weight I think.

I live in Central NC and we do have storms that gust to 50 or 60 MPH
but they are not common.

Please reply to me direct so as not tie up bandwidth.

73's Jim

           * Jimmy R. Floyd  (Jim)   Thomasville, NC                *
           * Amateur Call:              >> WA4ZXA <<                *
           * Packet Node:               >> N4ZC <<                  *
           * Internet Address:          >> floydjr@interpath.com << *