Common tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Common tower
From: Gene.Smith@mailhost.bellhow.com (Gene Smith)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 16:02:47 -0400 (EDT)

I have a question on probably the most common, home
tower I've ever seen.  A lot of people use them for
TV antennas although I've seen 4-element quads and
beams on them as well.

The tower has the three vertical pipes/bars of course
but the supports between the three vertical bars are
all horizontal and very thick and strong.

Therefore from a side view they look like this:

    /\
   |  |
   |--|
   |  |
   |--|
   |  |
   |--|
   |  |
   |--|
   |  |

Anybody know the manufacturer and possibly any spec's?
Are all these towers the same or are there different
varieties?  I might be able to buy one of these used,
but if I have no spec's on its capabilities I don't
want to mess with it.

Gene
WD8OZL