TowerMate

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: TowerMate
From: foggie@dtx.net (Al)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 22:53:07 GMT
>Also.. to follow up on KC2X's article in CQ-Contest magazine.... I climb in
>miltary issue pants with the big pockets down the side.  They are great.
>Makes me feel like I have an extra pair of hands.  They are also designed to
>dry quickly and in this Atlanta heat/humidity that is an issue for me.

And to think I have to wear them everyday in the Louisianna heat/humidity. I
would probably disagree that they "dry quickly" but then I've been wearing them
for over 10 years straight, and don't remember how fast "regular" clothes dry.
As an aside in the army them big pockets on the side (called cargo pockets
appropriately I guess) are never used in day to day ops. Can't have a "bulging
appearance" is what the regulation says. so they only get used in the field, and

honestly not much then.

73,
Al - kk5zx

P.S. I would aggree they are handy for such I prefer to do my hobby in
something other than what I work in though. :)