To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Summary: Guy Anchors
From: rthorne@ibm.net (Richard Thorne - WB5M)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 12:33:18 -0700
Thanks for all the replies.  Most people suggested that I use a flat
plate to attach to the roof and then attach the guy point to the plate.

I spoke with the machinist at work and we're both in agreement that
a heavy piece of angle stock would do the trick.  This will allow me
to us two or three bolts to secure the angle stock to the roof which
will double my holding power.  I can then drill a couple of holes in
the vertical portion of the angle stock to attach the guy wires.  I
guess this will work as pretty good equalizing plate at the same time.