WARNING! Re: Summary: Tower Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: WARNING! Re: Summary: Tower Help
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 10:14:51 -0400 (EDT)
I agree, tower regalvanizing is a good deal, and relatively inexpensive
compared to the cost of new tower.  The American Galvanizing Association
has an excellent WWW homepage that lists all of their member galvanizers
in the US and you can order a variety of excellent publications concerning
the galvanizing process including how to paint and maintain older
galvanized structures.

Many galvanizers can also galvanize small hardware such as
bolts and u-bolts!  Its lots cheaper to regalvanize old bolts and to
to galvanize inexpensive u-bolts than it is to purchase thousands of bolts
for 200 foot AB-105 towers or to purchase expensive hot-dip galvanized
u-bolts!

73!
Frank
W3LPL