Fw: re: roof mounting help

To: <>
Subject: Fw: re: roof mounting help
From: (Stuart Oserman)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 21:01:44 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Stuart Oserman" <>
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 20:59:24 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: re: roof mounting help

In message Thu, 12 Sep 1996 14:23:18 -0400 (EDT),
  David Clemons <>  writes:

> Hi,
>       I have a friend who has a very small lot, and would like to put
> up a tribander on his roof.  Instead of a roof mountied tower, he would
> like to have a carpenter put the mast through the top of his roof
> (somewhere in the peak), and secure the bottom of the mast to hist attic
> floor, which will undoubtedly involve some special bracing.
>       It seems to me that CQ or QST had an article describing this type
> of construction in an issue sometime in the last few years.  Does anyone
> remember such an article, and have any idea of the time frame or magazine
> in which it appeared?
> 73, Dave Clemons K1VUT

I believe the article is in QST for November, 1980: "The Tower
Alternative," by Laurence Wolfert, WA2FDB.  I did a similar
installation about seven years ago and have not had problems.
WA2FDB reported that a few years after his installation was
completed the antenna successfully withstood a minor

Stuart Oserman

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P