Snach Blocks

To: <>
Subject: Snach Blocks
From: (John Brosnahan)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 19:14:41 -0600
At 07:40 PM 9/16/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Is there a source for 'Snach Block' at Lowe's, Home Depot, or one of the
>'neighborhood' hardware dealers?   I am looking for the sort that would
>be used with 1/2 or 5/8" braided line and, yes, used for tower / antenna
>work.  This pulley would be capable of opening ( either a side plate, or
>removing the revolving wheel ) so that the line can be put into the block
>without threading it through the entire length?
>Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance..

Joe, if the stuff you are hauling is under a few hundred pounds you
might try a mountain climbing store--their pulleys require a
carabiner, but are very easy to use and to add to a line in the midpoint.

I use them for everything I do, although I have a number of the heavy
and heavy duty snatch blocks.  The climbing ones are light weight--
ounces instead of pounds and are probably speced at 2000 pounds,
meaning about 300 or 400 max working load.

John Brosnahan  W0UN
24115 WCR 40
La Salle, CO 80645

"Radio Contesting IS a Contact Sport"