Happenings across the parking lot

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Happenings across the parking lot
From: edwoods@pbsac01.isp.PacBell.COM (Woods, Eric D (edwoods))
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 10:04:00 -0700

Well:

Today is the big day!  There is another building across the parking lot from
my work location.
This building houses our N. Cal. Emergency Coordination Center and a couple
of HF radios.  Since the building is new, there were no antennas available
for the stations and they put up some kinda dummy load delta loop they share
between the NSEP and FEMA radios.

The contracted antenna company has roped off a portion of the parking lot
and will be here today to place 30 feet of Rohn 80 tower and to assemble the
Hy-Gain 6-30 LPA.

I will get to watch somebody else piece together six million sections of
aluminum tubing and get yelled at by the in-charge guy.

It should be ready by this weekend.  How shall I test it? (HEHEHEHEHEHEHE)

Eric, NV6O (until the FCC processes my gate 1 stuff this week)
edwoods@pacbell.com