Tower guying questions - summary

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Tower guying questions - summary
From: albraun@socketis.net (albraun@socketis.net)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 02:43:44 +0000
I recently posted a message about guying towers to the reflector.  I
got a number of replies, which seem to follow 2 basic trends:

1. Use disc anchors from the electric utility, or

2. Pour a concrete block in a large hole (4 ft or so deep, with the
concrete 18 inches thick) and then backfill.  This apparently is the
Rohn specification.

I haven't yet decided which approach I'm going to use, pending some
input from the REA which services my house, but I'll be doing
something soon.  Attached is my original message with the responses
I received.  Hope this helps someone.  73 - Alan NS0B