Rotator Grease

To: <>
Subject: Rotator Grease
From: (
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 23:08:53 -0400

>I'm replacing a cracked upper housing on my Ham-M III rotator
>and would appreciate input on what type of bearing grease I
>should use when reassembling it.
>A friend said that "Lubriplate" used to be the best choice.  Is it
>still desirable for use in a northern climate?
Hi, John --

   It must be winter already where you are - hi.

   Hy-Gain uses a low temperature grease so that it won't freeze up as often.
 You could call Linda at Hy-Gain 402-465-7021 for more info.  But I think the
amount is more important than the type of grease you use; the book calls for
a 'thimble-full' amount of grease for all the bearings.  Too much grease is a

     You didn't send it to Hy-Gain and have them go through it?  You'd get a
new upper housing as part of the deal with their flat-fee rotator service

73,  Steve  K7LXC

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P