To: <>
Subject: Tape
From: (Del Seay)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 07:01:43 -0700
Pete Smith wrote:
>  They said that they don't carry it any more because it has been
> effectively superseded by Scotch Super 33+. Lo and behold, the Super 33+
> seems to be the baseline Scotch product at my local huge hardware store, and
> the price is sure right.
> Does anyone know (rather than opine) whether the Super 33+ is in fact bigger
> and better, and close enough to 88 to use with confidence?
> 73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Pete: I checked and '88' is still being made by MMM.
And no - '33+ is a poor replacement. I don't have access
to all the specs, but try it in the cold and you will see
it is not even close. '88 is not all that great when the
temps drop, but it is head and shoulders above 333+
See ya'  de KL7HF

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P