To: <>
Subject: declination??
From: (Jamie Tolbert)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 20:05:13 -0400 (EDT)
Today I heard a carribean dxpedition for the cqww concerned because he
wasnt sure how to adjust for the difference between true and magnetic
north...Is there really a big difference?? I think for my latitude its
around 4 degrees..Should ones antenna be set for true or magnetic north??
Also  a W0 on one of the reflectors( I hope this one) mentioned that
while experimenting with a 1/4 wave sloper they got a significant signal
strentgh difference on rx while adjusting the angle...what does work best??
wouldnt it depend on the incoming signal angles?? wont it change as
propagation condx change??73 Jamie WW3S

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P