Scotch 33 vs Scotch 88

To: <>
Subject: Scotch 33 vs Scotch 88
From: (
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:39:15 EDT
      ************** From: Keith B. Ballow ******************
      *** ID L3RA ** Printer Z126 N1 ** Ph. 903-836-6478  ***
SUBJECT: Scotch 33 vs Scotch 88

We have and use both 88 and 33 here at the Electric Utility where I work.  I
prefer 33 because it is thinner and easier to work with.  As Stuart stated the
only difference is the thickness of the tape.  Need more thickness add a few
more wraps of 33.  I suppose that a 1/4" thickness of 33 would have more glue
and holding power than a 1/4" thickness of 88...  Also less inclined to
flagging due to temperature fluctuations.  The glue will hold a thin piece of
33 down better than a thick piece of 88.

Keith Ballow

Keith B. Ballow
Sr. I&C Technician Martin Lake Plant

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P