To: <>
Subject: wiretalk
From: (Craig Clark)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 17:53:15 -0500
At 02:33 PM 10/23/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all - After just replacing an 80 m sloper nailed by the guy who
>about 5 years.
>I've been using a #14 stranded (7 strands) copper clad, purchased
>from RF Connection of MD. Is it lousy copper plating, rubbing of the
>strands as they flap in the breeze, or something else?
I was out looking at my wire cage feed for my vertical and noticed the same.
Acid rain is my guess. Wonder if the Davis Flexible wire is a better

73 Craig

                        Craig Clark
                     soon to be ex-NX1G
        send me e-mail and I'll put you on our mailing list
                        Radio Bookstore
        Books for Amateur Radio, SWL and CB Radio Operators
                        (603) 899 6957
                        (603) 899 6826 fax
                        PO Box 209
                        Rindge, NH 03461