Ground Rod Placement

To: <>
Subject: Ground Rod Placement
From: (Gary Nieborsky)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 08:37:48 -0800

National Electric Code Article 800, Section C , specifically 810-51
addresses amateur installation.  It states that your tower must be bonded to
your house ground system.  In an interpretations book I have it references
that the NEC is assuming the typical ham installation with the
tower/mast/pole located immediately adjacent to the structure.  What they
are trying to avoid is the possibility of someone touching the
tower/mast/pole and a grounded device at the same time and getting the
begabbers shocked out of them.  Lightning factors into it too.  It also
addresses conductor size etc.  A most fascinating section to read.

I've copied the reflector for general interest.

73 Gary K7FR