Grounding tower legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Grounding tower legs
From: k4sb@avana.net (k4sb@avana.net)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 96 01:29:00 PST
Well, Home Depot sells the ground rods, and almost any auto parts store
has ready made battery cables in different lengths. I've got a couple of
30"s.

The only thing I did to mine was to strip back the insulation a little bit
at the clamps, and solder the wire, which is easily 1/4 inch thick, to the
connectors on the end. You can also buy the end connectors individually,
and on my short 75'...I got some diesel battery clamps, took off the
tru bolt and pried it open enough to go over the tower leg. Put the bolt
back on and it tightened like a charm.

73

Ed
Name: ed sleight